Monday, September 21, 2009

Lazy Sunday 20.09.09

It was a lazy Sunday. We were too lazy to go out for lunch and dinner. Since I made some potato salad yesterday morning, so I whipped up a simple dinner but a satisfying one. As I always stock-up my bolognese sauce in the freezer (I usually cook a big pot of it and separate them in small containers for easy use each time and store them in freezer. As long as they stay in the freezer, they can last a long time. When need a portion, just take out one of the container and thaw it in the microwave first before heating it up on the stove).

So, all I need was to boil water for the spagetti and later heat up the sauce then mix them up. But this time, I mixed the sauce with some carbonara sauce, which I bought quite some time ago and have totally forgotten about it till I was ransacking the kitchen cabinet and found this. Fede, my Italian sister, ever taught me, for a unique taste of bolognese, I can mix with some fresh cream. But I didn't have cream sauce yesterday and I could just make use of that carbonara sauce, though it didn't taste as good as the fresh cream. But its okie. When you are lazy, you use what you can find at home. Cannot complain too much. :D

I left the soup part to Superhubby. All he need to do was to heat Campbell's Cream of Potato with Roasted Garlic soup. Found some left over loaf of bread in the kitchen. Toasted 2 pieces and spread with some butter and woah lah..... a complete meal for the 2 lazy pigs.


No comments:

Post a Comment