Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chunky Cookies




It was a farewell day for my intern, Katherine, and she has been such a sweet lady, made me want to make these cookies as her farewell gift, not forgetting a pair of handmade earrings I made for her too. I promised her these cookies last month and as last Friday 06.05.11 was her last day, I decided to make them on Thursday night, by hook or by crook, though I was rather tired after a full day work.

But seeing the "kids" enjoying these cookies made my day too. "kids" also applies to the other 2 CS I have with me at my work place. Hahaha.. not so kid after all... Anyway, the cleaning aunty loves them too that she requested I make these again on Thursday preferably so that when I give them to her on Friday, she can keep some for her son who will book out from the army on Friday night. WOW!!!... Demanding aunty lei... Don't play play okie...

Anyway, I am more than happy to share this recipes for all those who loves not just cookies, but Chewy Chocolate Chunky Cookies!

Happy Trying and Happy Baking...!!!


Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease or line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Sieve together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Leave aside.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till smooth.
5. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Blend in.
6. Gradually add in the dry ingredients into the wet mix till well-mixed.
7. Add in the chocolate chunks and mix well.
8. Drop round tablespoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
10. Cool completely on wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment