Friday, December 3, 2010

Blueberry Swirl Butter Cake

My brother requested for a butter cake again. Since I am so free at home doing nothing but looking after my 3 1/2 months old son, I decided to do a simple but delicious butter cake for him. This time, I used canned blueberry to add in some flavour. I actually bought the canned blueberry to make blueberry pie but since it was a big can, I can make both.

To cut things short, click here for the basic butter cake recipe from my previous post.


Cream butter and sugar in a mixer

Add in eggs, one after another, with continuous beating in between the eggs

This is how the batter should look like after beating all the eggs in. Creamy smooth texture

Add in vanilla essence

Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop spoons of blueberry filling onto the batter and use a knife or chopstick to swirl. Do not over mix or the filling would blend in the batter and will not have the swirl of blueberry.

Bake in preheated oven of 170 Celcious for 45 minutes.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment