Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Homemade Apple Tart

I made these within the time frame of only 3o mins, from scratch. Its really easy. I show you how.

Cut the salted butter into small pieces. Do NOT melt the butter or else the dough will turn out to be very oily.
Add plain flour to the butter.
Add half an egg to the dough mixture. The tart base would turn out to be perfect but I didn't want to waste the other half of the egg, hence I used the whole egg but the dough will be just a little bit harder than the latter.
Now you can mix the dough mixture with fingers (please make sure your hands are super clean :oP). For this step, you have to use the fingers in order to get the dough properly mixed as the butter can be clumpy so you will need to have the feel with those fingers. Work it on. No mess No fun. Its quick and easy too.
The dough is ready to get into the tart foil.
I do not have the foil hence I used my muffins cup/tin and lined with muffins paper cups. Pressed the dough on but make sure the texture's not too thick, or else they will be hard to cook and the tart would be hard to eat.
I didn't have the time to make apple sauce for the filling, so I bought a canned version from Carrefour.
Fill up these tarts with the apple filling. Do not over fill them, you need to get the tart cooked all over.
Use the remaining dough to form nice patterns on top. Be creative and design the dough.
Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degress celcius for 15 mins.
Ready to eat yet simple to make apple tart. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment