Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kite Flying

Yay.... finally we've got our kite. First, hubby bought his kite, made of parachute material, and he paid SGD95.00 including the wheel of string. Initially we only bought one and there is only one of us who can fly the kite at a time and the other would only get to watch. Then, I decided, I wanted my own kite and bought a koi fish shaped kite. Its kinda long and huge, but somehow, it was quite difficult to get it fly high. May be due to my lack of skills, and not catching the wind at the right time, my koi fish refuse to go high up the sky. Then, we went again this late noon, and I decided to change the koi fish to a lizard. Wuaahaha...

This is my lizard kite, and why lizard of all shapes? Cos its uncommon. I do not want to fly a kite which when up in the sky, I can't tell which is mine. Too many kites!!!

The usual place was too crowded and Superhubby's kite got entangled with other kites many a times, so we decided to try our luck at an open field just right next to our block. Luck was on our side and the wind was good enough to get his kite high high up above the sky. Parachute material kites are easier to fly comparing to the normal ones, which is the one I bought. Though I paid $20 for the koi fish but changed it to the lizard which is only $15, but I kept changing and the owner was kind enough to let me do so without complaining. So no refund then.

Here is a shot of SuperHubby trying to keep his kite. Location: An open field next to our block.

Saw this amazingly long kite last weekend. I counted, around 200 little kites along the string. I am gonna make one for myself when I have the time. Its not difficult to do it but need lots of time though.
So long that they need few pairs of hands to help keeping the kites...Hahaha...
Slowly pulling in one by one and keeping them in a box, one by one too... so they will not get tangle up...

No comments:

Post a Comment