Sunday, October 11, 2009

It wasn't a Missing In Action

Welcome back to the long awaited for updated blog. I have not been blogging for the past week as it was a crazy week for me, and for all of us. Be it at work or family matters.

First, hubby's grandma passed away on Monday and I had to be at the wake every night, after work. It was like working OT or taking up extra job for the week. Running 2 places, one after another. As Friday was the funeral, Thurday night was the ritual night and lots of prayers, walking, kneeling, standing, and more LOUD prayers. I heard from cousins that on the 2nd night of the wake, policemen came 4 times for rounds due to complaints from the neighbours. Hahah.. what can they do anyway? But really, I hardly come across a wake with so much crowd, with beer and liquer drinkers, and gambling, be it pokercards or mahjong. At one point of time, I wonder, is this a wake or a party of a gathering... ?? Some said, its a celebration of death who somehow, stops suffering. So we should not be sad but celebrate.

Hmmm.. I can't seems to do that. I still remember, when SuperPapa passed away 5 years ago, I was devastated that I thought its the end of my world. I lost the man that I loved the most in my life, and what would I do without him? It has been 5 years, and at times, when I think of him, I still can't get over the fact that he had left us for good. Especially when I dreamt of him, I always woke up in tears, and wished I will not wake up from the dream so I can see him longer. I had so much to tell him, of how much I missed him and how much I loved him....tears will start rolling down my cheeks. Sigh.. thats life... people come and go in our lives, that is why, we must treasure them when they are still around, spend as much time as we can. And of cos, talk to them, as they can't read our mind, and how much does it cost to speak our hearts out? Nothing.. so speak before its too late.

Secondly, as our new office will be having an official launch on Tues 13.10, there are so much to do. OMG... taxing week and I just can't wait to get this done and over with. But, 4 evenings, 13.10 (Tues), 15.10 (Thurs), 22.10 (Thurs) & 27.10 (Tues). Its gonna be a crazy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment