Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dinner and Ice Cream at U.D.D.E.R.S.

Dinner with Jac and Jennifer can never be more fun as we talked a lot of SHIT and we laughed it over dinner and continued our shitty jokes at U.D.D.E.R.S. for ice cream. (yes... with Jen's bf and my hubby with us). Dinner was at Forture Seafood Restaurant @ Bukit Timah. Dishes were so good ... we polished off everything and forgotten to take some nice pics of the yummies to share here. I promise to do so the next time round. Food there have always been good and price is rather reasonable too. For those who wants some chill out, can hop over to BarBar located just next door and lots of ang mohs like to hang out there. I guess they must be living nearby as the row of shophouses are just within the vicinity of the housing estate.

Infact after dinner, we wanted to go for durian feast at Balestier, but somehow when we reached there, the stall was closed and it took us a while to decide where to go. Hubby being a smart ass, he knows we will never be able to decide where to go next for dessert. So his quick reaction, "okie.. since we are at Balestier, why not go to U.D.D.E.R.S." (located at Gold Hill Plaza right opposite Novena Square for that authentic durian ice cream. Its like eating cold durian, right out of freezer! Without hesitation, we all agreed and woooooshh.. we drove there within 5 mins.

I have always wanted Jac to try the durian ice cream U.D.D.E.R.S, as we are both durian lovers. But being me, I never like anything made of durian, despite that I love durian so so much that no words can explain that kinda love. LOL.. I can eat nothing else but durian for all my 3 meals. Yummy Yummy. But somehow, when Godfrey recommended me to U.D.D.E.R.S. (few months ago), I couldn't find any flavor that I like. Infact, I m a chocolate person, so usually I only go for chocolate flavor. Never really give the rest of the flavors a chance to prove that they can be better than chocolate. Haha.. but at that time I was there, I couldn'y decide, hence hubby went ahead and ordered , Mao Shan Wang durian flavor... I tried a little and Thats it!! I got hooked on that never tried others after that ice cream!

From clockwise: Mao Shan Wang durian (x3), Gila Melaka & Choco Java (very strong taste of whisky and damn bitter too!)... but the winner... is still the Mao Shan Wang... woohooo..!!! Love this and so far... this is the best durian ice cream I have ever tasted and everyone agreed that night. :D




After much more gossips and chat, S.E.O. (Jen's bf, Stanley's nickname) couldn't resist to get more ice cream. So he went off and came back with these.....Here are the flavors for the second batch.

From clockwise: (not sure what flavor but tasted like Nuttella), Rum & Raisin, Green Tea and Tiramisu. Not much to my flavor cos I don't like liquer flavored ice cream.


After ice-cream, we moved to Newton Circus for supper.. hahaha.. planned for some seafood like "gong-gong", "lar-lar" and "tsut-tsut"... but to our dismay, the hawker centre were closed for 3 days spring cleaning!!!!! Arghhhhh.. of all time of the year... that night?????? Damn suay lor... we went to Balestier for durian and the stall was closed.. and now Newton Circus???? WTF!!! *#^%*&E^%#$%

We resigned for the night and all left home feeling disappointed from not being able to complete our night with those seafood we were talking about over dessert. Nevertheless, the night was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment