Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monday 31.08.09

Its Malaysia's National Day or Merdeka. But not so national after all... nah.. I ain't patriotic at all. Not my forte.

But as its a public holiday, we get to enjoy each other's company again before I fly off that night. We went to this beach call Pantai Bersih (translated as Clean Beach)... but it ain't clean at all. Hahaha.. it was never clean to start with and it seems to have gotten worse along the years. I have not been there for more than 10 years and didn't know that people have actually set up coffee shops and sell seafood.

We went to one for lunch and these were what we had.


Hot plate toufu


Stir fried kangkung (non spicy) and fried "long-lived" noodles

Steamed flower crab with eggs


Steamed fish (don't ask me what fish as I hardly know types of fishes... so long as they are fresh and doesn't taste fishy... I eat them all... LOL)


Stir fried flower crab with bean paste


A view of the beach... this cemented foyer was never there when we were kids and when the beach was still a place for the Butterworth-ians.




I miss the char koey teow from my secondary school. But as it was a holiday, the canteen was closed. But we were just around the corner so brother drove us there, just trying our luck to see if we can enter the school and just for memory sake.. paying a visit.. not to the teachers but to the school. LOL... we can't enter as there was a guard there. Not wanting to be accused for trespassing, we decided to leave.



Here are some pics of my fav baby... little Rou Ching...

Love her curly hair....


No comments:

Post a Comment