Sunday, September 20, 2009

Friday the 18th of Sept.. The Night out with Irene

Left the office at 5pm, claimed my long recorded time-off and went for my body massage, finally the last session. I will NEVER, EVER freaking sign any more package. Damn... they kept asking ppl to sign up packages.. but when I called in for appt, all the time, not half.. but ALL the time, I was told appt slot have been fully taken and I was adviced to make appt as early as a month in advance. CRAZY!!!! How would I know when I feel like having a massage 1 month in advance? And they suggested I can block appt for every Fridays and when I can't make it, then to call in for cancellation. That explains why all the appt slot are always taken up!!!! #$%^&* WTF!!!! Anyway, I ain't stupid to take up the package and happily walked out of the spa.

I walked from Dhoby Ghaut to Orchard MRT to meet Irene, and it took me 25 mins. Slow walk and enjoyed the new face lift of the stretch of Orchard Road. WOW... I saw the newly opened Orchard Central and was very tempted to walk in but I know I will be late to meet Irene at ION. So I gave it a miss and told myself, I will be back.. LOL

Here is a glimpse of the newly opened Louis Vuitton at ION.


Then we walked around the basement, from B2 to B3 and B4..looking for food, I was really damn hungry after the massage. Everywhere were crowded with human traffic and I just need food to fill up my stomach. I can't care much about what I m feeding myself. So long as decent food! So we end up at food court... I do not mind fast food but Irene didn't want to eat those. She need solid food, so we went to the Food Opera (expensive version of food court at ION). I settled for Soya Sauce chicken rice, and Irene, a bowl of mee suah with dumpling in herbal soup. (didn't manage to take a pic of her order but here is mine).

I wasn't happy with my dinner, rather expensive for a portion of chicken rice at $4.50 (the cheapest meal I guessed. The rest of the food, cost at least $5.50 for a plate of duck rice, and other local yummies, which you probably pay around $3.50 per plate, but then again, its ION, high class shopping mall...even the food court is called Food Opera).

Feeling unsatisfied, we went to Soup Spoon for my fav bowl of Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff ... this is still the best mushroom soup I ever had.


The reason I love this soup, is because of the texture. You can really taste the chunks of mushrooms and the rich creamy and velvety soup, is not too thick nor watery. Just perfect to my palate.
And its not expensive for a decent soup like this. @ $6.90
I love mushrooms, anything made of mushrooms, I just love them.


After dinner, we went to the ladies to freshen up. I went into this particular cubicle meant for moms and saw this little seat mounted at the corner, for moms to put their toddlers there while doing her business and knowing her baby is safe at sight. Really cool idea and took a snap of this. Cuteeeee...

Again, you can only find this in ION, cos "high class mall".. LOL
Even the paper hand towels dispenser and hand dryers are all located right under the mirrors. Well hidden underneath, and little signage at the bottom corner of the glass to indicate the existance of this technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment